Sync problems causing hundreds of conflict copies

kevinmanuel

Sync problems causing hundreds of conflict copies

Postby kevinmanuel » Tue Apr 10, 2018 1:48 am

Hi,

I would be glad if you could help me investigate a really big problem: First of all I'd like to know if anyone has the same issue (so I can report it as a bug) and secondly I hope to find out where the problem lies to help the developers fix the issue.
My Setup:
Server: Ubuntu Server 12.04 LTS, apache 2.2.22-1ubuntu, PHP 5.3.10-1ubuntu, mysql-server 5.5.22-0ubuntu
ownCloud: Version 4.0, https, no directory (installed in web root)
Sync Client: Version 1.0.2, running on Win7 x64
I upgraded my server from oC 3.0.3 to oC 4.0 (successfully, after a few hickups) and started my sync client. Everything seemed to be fine until I had a look at the server files.
In the directory /data/<username>/files/<syncfolder> were hundreds of files with "_conflict-<DATETIME>" multiple times in the file name. My collection had grown from 200 MB to 38 GB in the meantime. I stopped the server to investigate and found out that in some file names the special characters (umlauts) were UTF-8 encoded and some not (e.g. ü --> ü). I deleted everything, made a clean setup of the sync client and the oC4 software (with data and config folder preserved) but the issue still persists. I had a look at the files and some didn't even have special characters in them. Maybe also white spaces trigger this behavior.
Another user of this oC instance also syncs files with the server. He did not have any trouble so I had a look at his files. They all do not contain any white spaces or umlauts.
I will investigate further but would like to see if anyone else faces this problem.

Any help will be apprecited.

I didn't find the right solution from the Internet.

References:
https://forum.owncloud.org/viewtopic.php?t=2552
Custom explainer studio

Thank you.

Return to “General Discussion”