Custom Ship builder in the works

General News
kyled
Site Admin

Custom Ship builder in the works

Postby kyled » Tue Sep 01, 2015 2:12 am

Been a while since I updated the game, but that's because I've been focusing on a custom ship builder and texture drawer.

It's still a little rough to use, but it's at a point where you can construct your basic ship, draw on each piece (individually) and then save it up to the server to be used.

I still need to code the ability to edit your current ship (currently you always start with a blank slate), but after that's finished I'm going to put it up for testing.

Right now I just have a simple hull, and 1 wing piece to work with, but if people have ideas of ships that they like, I can add some of the components to the builder.
Domingo

Re: Custom Ship builder in the works

Postby Domingo » Tue Sep 01, 2015 9:17 am

Awesome :)

Are you going to add some form of limiter for the ship? Like hardpoints need energy to run so you can only put so much, etc?
Domingo Diego
RaygoeFlash
kyled
Site Admin

Postby kyled » Tue Sep 01, 2015 3:03 pm

What I'm going to do is still have different ship types / load outs, but these are the basic ship settings, from there you can customize how everything is laid out and looks. Can evolve it later, but for now I just want a working system. Right now hard points and engine locations aren't changeable, but will have to be at some point.
sivice

Postby sivice » Tue Sep 01, 2015 5:17 pm

Nice, can't wait to see how it works. I might idly draw a few soemthings or something.
Maybe I should see if I can't re-make the old stuff I make on a whim forever ago.
ShadowSivice
Forge myself in silence, for I am a fool.
Fate the of folly I hope to fail.
I must remember to succeed.
kyled
Site Admin

Postby kyled » Wed Sep 02, 2015 12:20 am

The ship parts have to come from a pre-built library of objects, so I'm open to suggestions to the type of ships people would want to build.

IE there is a list of parts to select from to build your ships. currently you can't create your own pieces (problem with texture painting if I allow this)

Return to “News”