[Future SC] Server Emulation

General Discussion Related to Stellar Conflicts
Crispy

Re: [Future SC] Server Emulation

Postby Crispy » Thu May 23, 2013 11:29 pm

Haha naw mane it means original. Well it's both actually. How long till we can start flying ?
sivice

Postby sivice » Fri May 24, 2013 5:58 am

We fly amongst the stars once ore when the man of Space returns to us.
We wait for Kyled.
ShadowSivice
Forge myself in silence, for I am a fool.
Fate the of folly I hope to fail.
I must remember to succeed.
Raygoe

Postby Raygoe » Sun Aug 13, 2017 10:50 pm

So, uh, this may be a strange request... But does anyone have any record of all the old ship names and speeds, etc?

Those don't seem to be harvestable (I haven't looked too hard, but I can't find any indication that they were ever in the old Flash Client... Since it doesn't run in any form whatsoever, I have no way of telling.)

I checked that link OrbitGuy posted but I wasn't able to find any info on the ships.

EDIT: Wow. I just realized that I made the original post of the same reason. Damn it. I should've taken the time in the interim to pull in that data when it was briefly available.

Hah. Shit. Googling "Alkari Deathwing" gave me nothing (literally, no results.) Of course, it will probably bring up this page on the forum in a few crawls. So unless its recorded somewhere on WBM, I am going to have to just post the images and hope someone has a better memory than I.
Raygoe

Postby Raygoe » Fri Aug 18, 2017 8:27 pm

Specifically, what is the name of this ship (I can't remember):

Last edited by Raygoe on Sat Aug 19, 2017 6:24 am, edited 1 time in total.
Raygoe

Postby Raygoe » Sat Aug 19, 2017 6:20 am

Triple Post FTW!

Okay, so I got all the ships rendered in C++ at least. It runs on both Ubuntu 14+ and Windows 7+. I had to fiddle with the vectors (a.... lot....) to get them to look right. SVG works WAY different from Flash.

These aren't vectors anymore, I rasterized them on compile-time. It's nearly impossible at the moment to automatically render SVG -> OpenGL *shrug*.

What I do is I check the DPI of the primary monitor and then I use that to gauge how large I should render the assets (I can render them at 96, 128, 192, and 256 if you have some insane DPI)

These are at 96, my Surface 4 renders them at 128 but it'd be too big to post the screenshot (it has a pretty high DPI).

I know the names of most of the ships I think... I still have no idea what the Tuskan ship is named. I keep thinking "Avenger" maybe?

For the details, I basically just made an index buffer and a bunch of quads with a really basic vert/frag shader. Basic 2D stuff, nothing complex but at the same time using nothing of the deprecated OpenGL stuff (like, no direct rendering, as an example)
Raygoe

Postby Raygoe » Sat Aug 19, 2017 2:19 pm

https://youtu.be/CT8VPFoRhy4

Example of ships rotating.
CoolGamerX

Postby CoolGamerX » Sat Sep 09, 2017 9:19 pm

Raygoe wrote:Specifically, what is the name of this ship (I can't remember):

It is in fact the Tuskan Avenger. :D
Raygoe

Postby Raygoe » Sun Sep 10, 2017 11:32 am

Excellent, then my memory was right :D

Raygoe wrote:I still have no idea what the Tuskan ship is named. I keep thinking "Avenger" maybe?

I'm going to use WebGL instead of C++. That will make it similar to the flash version.
Raygoe

Postby Raygoe » Tue Oct 31, 2017 9:11 am

Ah ha, here you go:

Return to “General Discussion”