I miss this place (long post)

General Discussion Related to Stellar Conflicts
kyled
Site Admin

Re: I miss this place (long post)

Postby kyled » Fri Feb 12, 2016 7:16 pm

It's being worked on again, had to take a few months off.

Working on tweaking up the ship building script, going to have a selection of primitives (basic shapes) that people can use like lego to put something together. Also it'll have some control for mobile devices, doesn't function to well on mobile devices yet, but it is workable.
Raygoe

Postby Raygoe » Sun Apr 03, 2016 2:17 am

Cool, I finally got a chance to try the ship builder (since the server's been down for a while). Looking good! Although, you may want to make it work a bit differently (snap new mesh to clicked mesh and orient along the face normal vector at the mouse hover location w/ some default local transformation) that would help placing the additional meshes.
Crestwood

Postby Crestwood » Wed Oct 19, 2016 1:58 am

I came poking around here looking to reminisce on one of the most enjoyable times of my life. Seeing those names again really brings me back. I'm glad other people are around to share in the memories.
kyled
Site Admin

Postby kyled » Sat Oct 22, 2016 10:04 pm

eugh, been so busy with my new house, hope to get some time to continue on this fall.

Yeah, the mesh builder is still in an infancy, if its an aspect people would like I'd continue with it. I have some fears of how well it'll work in the future, but it seems most gamers expect to be able to customize thier avatar
shotgun

Postby shotgun » Mon Apr 17, 2017 10:46 pm

What a post! What great memories. I decided to look this place up after not thinking about it for years. Dune, was that your username?

Return to “General Discussion”